Have you ever dreamed of having flawless skin? No pimples or marks? No blemishes? Clear, glowing skin? Everybody has and everybody thinks it’s impossible.
However, with time and these tips, you too can see how to get flawless skin.
1. What is your skin type? The first step to answering the question – how to have a flawless skin? Is determining your skin type – is your skin dry, oily, normal or a combination of dry and oily? A simple way to test this is just by washing your face and leaving it untouched for an hour. You can then check your T-zone (the area between your nose and cheeks) to see if it’s too oily, too dry, normal (no flaking, no oil) or a combination – oily and dry. Once you answer this question, you’ll see how to have flawless skin.
2. What products should you buy? Ideally, this is based on your skin type. Start by choosing a facial scrub, cleanser, moisturiser and toner that is suited to your type. If your acne and pimple problems are severe, visit a dermatologist. He/ She will be able to prescribe special medicated products for that.
3. How do I protect myself outside? Weather – summer, winter or monsoon – is tough on our skin. In order to protect it, invest in a good sunscreen and a moisturiser. This again is in relation to your skin type. For e.g. someone with oily skin should invest in a non-greasy sunscreen.
4. How often should I wash my face? You need to wash your face at least twice during the day – once in the morning and once at night. Use gentle face washing foams to delicately remove dirt from your face. Olay has great range of face washes which are very gentle on the skin. You can use your scrub twice a week to clear away dead cells and oily buildup. Do not use a loofah or any abrasive material on your face. Pat your face dry with a soft towel and make sure you moisturise after every wash.
5. Can I sleep with my makeup on? It’s tiring, at the end of the day, to clean your makeup off, But it’s also worth it. Leaving in your makeup can cause your pores to clog. Ideally, you should wash your face, but at the end of a tiring day, you could also use a wet wipe and clean the makeup off with that.
6. What should I eat? Skin reflects what you put on the inside, as much as it does with what you put on the outside. A daily diet of 5 servings of vegetables and 3 servings of fruit is something all nutritionists and dermatologists recommend.
7. Why is water important? Drinking lots of water (at least 8 glasses a day) will keep your skin refreshed, moisturised and lit up by a healthy glow.
8. Is exercise important? A common cause of bad acne is stress. One of the greatest stress busters there is, is exercise. It increases blood circulation, which in turn leads to glowing skin. It also releases endorphins that boost your mood and thereby reduce stress.
9. How much sleep do I require? When you are well rested, it means that you’re not stressed, fatigued or ill tempered. It also reflects on your skin. A lack of dark circles, worry lines and tired sagging skin are all indicative of that. You require a minimum of 8 hours of sleep to feel well rested,
You could already be doing a few of these, or there are a few changes you might need to make in your lifestyle. However, having flawless skin naturally is definitely worth it.